Change default location of data files

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dlmorgan999

Change default location of data files

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I store all of my documents on Microsoft OneDrive. This works just fine with Madrix, but it means that every time I save a new type of file (Storage Place, Setup, color table, etc.) I have to change from the Madrix default location to the OneDrive location. It would be nice if there was an option to set the default location where Madrix should look for the it's data files.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Change default location of data files

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,

currently MADRIX remember all the storage locations for the different file types. So if you one time save a stgorage place for example, next time the file dialog will refer to this place.
And if you save a color table to a different place MADRIX will remember this place for color tables as well.

So i gues what you are looking for is the possibilty to define a default place for all MADRIX file formats, thats right?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
dlmorgan999

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Yes, that is what I was talking about. I noticed that the settings were saved for each type of file, but there are many file types, plus I may end up using my desktop to do much of the design work and my laptop to actually run things (so I would then have to go through the process again). It's certainly not critical, but it would be nice to have.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

All right, i notice this on the list of customer requests.
We appreciate this input, so thank you very much!
dlmorgan999

Post by dlmorgan999 »

You're welcome. Perhaps the easiest way to do this might be to add a browse button that allows the user to select a folder (this would be the equivalent of the default MADRIX3 folder), and then use the same hierarchy of sub-folders for all the different file types (like color_tables, patches, scripts, etc.). This would also make it easy to copy the files from the Madrix default location to the new location.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

exactly this is what i have in mind as well. I think about the possibilty to create projects which have a own folder with the described subfolder hirarchie, but this is for future and i am not able to tell you which date we will develop this.
But it is on the list ;-)
dlmorgan999

Post by dlmorgan999 »

That sounds good - thanks! :)