GrandMA2 on pc and Madrix 2x...

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

stubby1

GrandMA2 on pc and Madrix 2x...

Post by stubby1 »

Hello,

My first time in the forum.

I am trying to hook up MA2 on pc and Madrix 2.14e current version. I am unable to control Madrix with the MA2 PC Via Artnet or sACN. I have them hooked up via ethernet through a hub. I have all my settings on the Madrix correct. On the console I have the DMX, and Artnet buttons on so it is transmitting. On the Madrix it also sees the generated MA Artnet address. When I go and open a new file and try to do the same steps I get different results and it doesn't see the board any more. Just wondering if anyone has tried this before or may know what steps i am missing. Have spent a lot of time and finally decided to try the forum.

Thank you!

T
stubby1

Re: GrandMA2 on pc and Madrix 2x...

Post by stubby1 »

So going into detail.
DMX Devices:

On: ArtNet Remote (Madrix) Port o
No universe listed: IN fps30/33.3 Full

DMX Input:
State: On Universe: 1 Device: Artnet Remote (MADRIX) Port:0. Mapping: Off
Remote: Universal 35ch

Art-Net:
ArtNet Remote Count:1 Universe 1
IP 2.0.0.101 / 60:A4:4C:02:58:2D
(receive from directed broadcastaddress2.255.255.255)

On the MA Under Setup/Network/Network Protocols I have the Network DMX if alone Button on. There are no other consoles in my network. The Artnet Output Active Button is on.
Under the ArtNet Tab reads as follows.
Valid: Yes Mode: Output Local Start: 1 Amount: 1 External Start: 0 Delay: 0 Artnet 2: off.

As I understand I am transmitting Artnet from the console because the Mode says output and that's what the manual says. Also the receive from all addresses on the MADRIX is on. In theory with the board patched correctly and the ArtNet hooked up as a send from MA and receive from MADRIX shouldn't everything be working correctly? Also I noticed that MAonPC is reading the MADRIX computer because under the CITP enabled option in the MAonPC it see's it there. It reads
Name: MADRIX@CPUName IP: 2.0.0.101 Port: 2048 etc...
This is confusing because I know it reads it, but there seems to be something I may be missing.

Now if I turn the MA into an input device the MADRIX reads the MAonPC. I still have no control over anything, but MADRIX still reads the MA. It has the cpu name and the name of my show on there.

DMX Devices:
PCName-PC (2.168.0.78) Port:0 Universe: 1 OUT fps 30/33.3 Optimized

ArtNet:
PCName-PC Count:1 Universe:1 IP: 2.168.0.78/00:25:11:5C:98:02 (Send only to 2.168.0.78)

As I understand this is sending ArtNet to the console.

I hope this helps someone help me and others. I am wondering why there is no direct MA-net like on, sorry to mention other products, but Arkaos. I can hook up MAonPC to the unlicensed other product and do a couple settings and I am off and running. I hope we can figure this out.

thanks!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

First of all, welcome to the forum!
And thank you for providing so many details already.

Please allow me to ask a couple of questions:

Both programs are running on two different computers, correct?

Your MADRIX PC has the IP address 2.0.0.101. What is its Subnet Mask?
Which IP does the GrandMA have, 2.168.0.78? What is its Subnet Mask?

On which Art-Net Universe is your console sending?

It could also be that the Windows Firewall is blocking incoming data for MADRIX. Please see this link to set up the Firwall correctly: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... dows_.html

On a side note: CITP works differently than Art-Net (on another network layer, I think) and so the one might work, while the other does not.
We will check if we can bring MA-net to MADRIX.

I am looking forward to help you solving this. Thank you.
stubby1

Post by stubby1 »

Hello,

Yes we are using two PC's

So MADRIX subnet is 255.0.0.0.

The GrandMAPC has 192.168.0.78 When you have an actual console it has two ports on the back. One streams MAnet and the other is strictly ArtNet. ONPC the ethernet acts as both. When you put the MA in session it automatically generates an Artnet address. That is where I got the internal generated IP. I was only able to get this when I turned the input on the MAonPC on. It would not detect it when I turned off the the input on the MAPC. The console is sending Artnet Universe 1.

We went through and changed the firewall settings. Still no connection. We are now going to call MA and see if its something in their settngings.

Would you like a log File?

Thanks,

T
stubby1

Post by stubby1 »

Hello all,

So I talked to the MA folks. We need to get a 2port node to unleash the parameters from MA to control the MADRIX via MAonPC. Or if you have a console it has them unlocked already. As for me controlling the Arkaos through the MAonPC the MA folks said that was a glitch. So there you have it.
I thank you for your time. I hope this frees up some time for others trying to do this.

Thanks!

T
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thanks for the update!

(My next hint would have been to set a new IP address for GrandMA onPC since Art-Net should be used in the 2.X.X.X or 10.X.X.X address range. In addition, both devices need to be in a network where they can find each other. A 192.168.0.78 IP address would have been a source for errors in this case.)
kumarshan77

Post by kumarshan77 »

Hi Stubby...

I got Ma2 to madrix linked and functioning properly.. Got a bit trick though.

Just to confirm if Ma2 transmitting Artnet, I patched few dimmers and on the light converse to see if the lights are responding. It was responding properly.

And under Madrix Artnet Tab, can see Madrix Is sensing output to Light converse.

Mmm.. Amazingly.. After light converse is on, Ma2 able to control Madrix.. can view from the dmx Watch.

Hope this helps.

Kumar Shan