Countdown - bpm link?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

moogleone

Countdown - bpm link?

Post by moogleone »

Hi,

I am in need of some help. I have madrix basic and need to somehow make a countdown. That goes down with either sound activation or just normally by setting the bpm.

It needs to be able to be both text like this on one effect-

and then a text one like this

LETS
GO
NOW.

I have no idea how to program using the madrix macros.

Is there an easy way to do this?

thank you!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Countdown - bpm link?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Thanks for your post!

Your countdown has 4 requirements:

- 3, 2, 1
- LETS, GO, NOW
- Sound activation
- BPM activation

I am sorry, but there is no easy way to have it all in one effect. This needs to be a Script/Macro. And I don't think sound activation would be reliable.

But you can program a small Cue List and create a countdown in this way.
Here is an example: Simply use 3 effects (1: SCE Ticker with text "1", 2: SCE Ticker with text "2", 3: SCE Ticker with text "3"), the program a Cue List and each entries 1 to 3 call up your 3 effects. Then, you can assign a duration (e.g. 2 seconds per effect). Whenever you start your Cue List, the countdown will be shown.

If you need a Script, you can always contact use at info[at]madrix.com to receive an offer.

Does that answer your question?
lwpsr

Re: Countdown - bpm link?

Post by lwpsr »

There is another way you can do this that will work it you are using a led curtain. Just go to scrolling text and type in 1 2 3 LETS---GO--NOW, or any thing else you want to say, then hit link, next go to layer and hit new. Then go to M2L color scroll and set beat to about 4000 and step to about 33 then hit link. I always set M2l to all white, but you can use any color you want. You can control the speed it scrolls across in the scrolling text. I use the mixing board to trigger this when the band starts or the DJ so have to have an interface connected from the board to the computer to trigger. Tinker with this a little and it will work. I use m2l color scroll to turn off and on a lot of my scenes to the music. Have fun!!!