DVI output

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

anfrmite

DVI output

Post by anfrmite »

Hello to everyone. This is my first post.

I have a doubt regarding the DVI output from Madrix. I am just wondering, where the DVI output from Madrix is obtained?. I understand that I need an appropiate DMX output device (like USB to DMX) to get the DMX output. What kind of supported cards/interfaces are needed to obtain the DVI output from Madrix? Thank you very much.

Regards.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: DVI output

Post by Wissmann »

The DVI output is always handled by your graphics adapter.
So with this you need a graphics card which offers two outputs, one for your monitor where you work with MADRIX and one more for the dvi output for your leds.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
anfrmite

Post by anfrmite »

Thank you for your reply.

I am installing a dual output video card (VGA and DVI) on my PC. So the setup I believe that I must have is as following:

I must connect my working monitor to the VGA output.

And I must connect the DVI output to the appropiate LED fixtures that support DVI.

Of course I need to configure in the Windows adapter card properties that I have two monitors now and to activate the second one.

Am I correct?

So my main question now, is that I do not find any menu, option, radio button, or selection box in Madrix, in which I could tell Madrix that I now have two monitors instead that one, and that the monitor "1" (as Windows did enumerate it), is the VGA normal monitor in which I work, and that the monitor "2" is the DVI monitor that is going to the LED fixtures that support DVI.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Regards.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Correct so far.
Next you have to open a dvi preview from the prview menu and setup the position of this external dvi preview to the second monitor.

Please read the manual about using dvi output.
http://help.madrix.com/hidd_user_interf ... tions.html
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)