Question from a new Guy

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

soundguytx

Question from a new Guy

Post by soundguytx »

I am setting up a Martin EvenLED wall and have a few question regarding Madrix and the way I am patching things. I have purchased 48 EvenLED (1x1 meter LED panels consisting of 16 LED's per panel. Used mainly for back lighting a frosted wall, the panels are set to 8 bit or RGB program) panels giving me a total of a 64 count on my X axis, and 12 on my Y axis. I have a couple of questions if you guys could help out that would be great.

1:
This configuration is not exactly what I was looking for with Madrix because with an effect such as SCE drops I am getting the look of giant falling squares. All the LEDS on my 1x1 m panels are lighting at once. Is there a way to just light one LED on my 16 LED panel...is it possible for me to create a look (such as rain or snow) where only 1 LED is lighting.

2:
The way I am going to send signal from my computer to the LED wall is out of the computer USB and into a USB to Ethernet adapter. Running Ethernet to the stage and then another adapter switching the signal back to USB. I am then going into a USB powered hub and pluging my 5 Madrix USB Bones into the hub and each Madrix USB bone going to my 5 universes powering my LED wall.......
IS this going to work, does anyone see a flaw in my design. Thank you so much for any advise for a newbie.

Randy Roberts
soundguytx

Re: Question from a new Guy

Post by soundguytx »

Soooo I answered my own question for #1 all I am left with now is #2......anyone have any ideas is this setup will work??
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Question from a new Guy

Post by Wissmann »

I am not experienced with USB to Ethernet and Ethernet to USB converter.
It sound like you are able to get a larger distance for USB with it because MADRIX have to see the USBones at USB to be able to work with it, right?

However i think it would make more sense to go out from MARIX direct to Ethernet by using Art-Net or sACN with a node which gets the information by Ethernet and put out DMX.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)