Patch Question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

grego1169

Patch Question

Post by grego1169 »

Hello Madrix world, quick (hopefully easy) question for you all. I am currently using Neo to map a rectangular 7x5 ADJ Flash Panel 16 screen and want to add some non rectangular additions to the sides but am unfamiliar with patching anything but rectangles. I want to add 1 (ADJ Flash Panel 16) panel to both sides of the 2nd and 4th row and 2 panels to both sides of the 5th row so the it would essentially be a large horizontal diamond. I know this is a bad description of the shape/desired patch so please inquire further as to details, any help is always appreciated.

As always, the more I dive into the software, the more I'm ever impressed. Thanks guys
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Patch Question

Post by Fritzsche »

Hello!

I think it is a good description! Have you tried out the "Patch" yet?

In order to patch fixtures, you can use the Matrix Generator or the Patch. The Matrix Generator is very helpful, but it has certain limits. This is were the Patch comes in. The Patch allows you to freely patch, position, and address fixtures and it has the Matrix Generator somewhat included. So if you go to Preferences > Patch, you will find a powerful tool to quickly patch your diamond shape.

Use "Add" to place new fixtures on the grid, use the mouse and the keyboard to position them, set up the DMX addressing, and please do not forget to use "Patch Size" to set up the overall dimensions of your shape.

(More info: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_preferences_patch.html)

Does that help?
grego1169

Re: Patch Question

Post by grego1169 »

Thats exactly what I was looking for. I've used the patch to rotate fixtures etc but didn't realize it could be used for the physical layout of it. That should get me started thanks!