A question about my set up

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: A question about my set up

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Mystic,

1) Can you send screenshots of those spotty output images to info[at]madrix.com please?

2) I can recommend disconneting the MADRIX KEY and to run MADRIX in demo mode. Then you can patch 1024x768 and test your output. You would just have to ignore the large rotating cross across the DVI output. But underneath you can probably judge the image quality quite well.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

it would be impossible to send a screen shot of the spotty ouput, it glitches to fast to catch it, however, I have doubled my system RAM maxing out the motherboard, and it seems to help in the preview window, I will let you know once i hook it back up to my projector and see if that helped. Ram and graphics card are the only upgradeable items on my computer since I am currently running an Intel i7 Quad core 3.06 processor . I will post back here once I hook it all back up and retest it.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Great. Thanks for testing.

If you are running the DVI Preview Window in Fullscreen, please check if V-Sync is activated in the Options:

http://help.madrix.com/hidd_optionspage ... mance.html
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

I am running the preview window at 640 x 480, and it is still a distorted image. My grahics card output is set to 640 x 480 as well. When I removed the key and ran it in demo mode settings at 1024 x 768 it became very spotty and glitchy on the output side so I believe the issue is going to in my graphics card not so much in Madrix itself. I inserted the key back in and put it back to 640 x 480 and set my capture card up to test with a straight DVD no processing on the Madrix side short of the mapping of the image and it is distorted. I also ran a secondary output of the DVD player to my projector so I can A/B the differences, and it is very noticeable even at 25 Feet away. I am going to try a different graphics card in the next week to see if that helps at all.. I will keep you posted