how to exclude fixtures from the running program?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Yuckfou157

how to exclude fixtures from the running program?

Post by Yuckfou157 »

So here's one for you...

I do a lot of installations with PAR56 fixtures, running MADRIX but I need to have 2 seperate from the running program, who need to be just plain white.
I made a new fixture, set channel 1 fixed to 255 so it's on, but it doesn't listen to the blackout anymore, so it's always on...something I overlooked?
Or impossible?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: how to exclude fixtures from the running program?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi there!

If you activate "Fixed", the fixture profile won't allow any other values than 255. Because of this a value of 0, which would be needed by the Blackout, will not work.

Simply change the fixture to Default value 0. And also change Value Min / Max to 0 and 255. (At least, these are common settings.)

Now, I understand from your post that you need to control the two groups of PAR56 fixtures differently. I would include all fixtures in the Patch, and then create a new effect using two Layers. Layer 1 can be mapped to the pixel positions of fixture group one and Layer 2 can be mapped to the pixel positions of fixture group two. Choose different effects for each layer to control them separately. Or you can create one effect having one layer that runs over all fixtures.

Does that help?
Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Hey there thanks, I will try the mapp/layer option and I hope it will work :)
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

If it is only about two Par56 lights which have to be from time to time white and you are able to do this by hand, i recommend did not include this fixtures to the patch and use the DMX Fader Tool of MADRIX to control them seperate.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)