Demo mode ,

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

Demo mode ,

Post by rodericwilson »

I am optimistically putting this in "how to questions" but am expecting it to be relegated to the "wishes and feature requests" !!...

it's is nice that you can use madrix in demo mode if you don't have your neos or other madrix products .
i do a lot of the setup programming at home and don't always have the neos with me .

it's a bit of a shame that the preview disables every minute or so if you need to alter and create your madrix effects away from your installation.

the led wall i have made is currently only uses 2 universes so i programme with a small matrix setup but i sometimes like to look at what it will be like with a bigger matrix and this is also useful .

my current project involves a dmx input universe where a midi piano activates multiple layers ( up to 48 per storage place!) .

The problem is - if you have 1 neo plugged in (as the input), you are no longer in demo mode and madrix will only show you that one universe - so there doesn't seem to be a way to visualise in the preview windows what it is going to be like .

is there any way around this ?

personally it would be good to show clients what my project could be like if they want to invest in a lovely madrix proffesional key .
rodericwilson

Re: Demo mode ,

Post by rodericwilson »

Hello
Any replies to this post ?
Thanks
Roderic
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Demo mode ,

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

Sorry it took so long!

As you pointed out, Demo mode has all sorts of advantages for users, but also its limits. We are pretty happy with the way it works.
And with this topic you just opened up a new perspective. I don't think that something like this came up before.

Yes, the Main Output Preview is disabled randomly every other minute. But you still have the Previews for A and B, don't you? I think with those two it is still possible to create new effects when your are away from the installation.

The problem is indeed the NEO software license, which is even there if the device is used as input interface. There is no way around this. Sorry.

You should still see the whole setup, but deactivated channels are darkened in the Previews and that is probably the issue you are referring to.

I thought about deactivating the drivers, but this is absolutely no option, since the interface still needs to work for input.

What a lot of users usually do is using the USBone or another interface as input. It does not activate a license and would be a way around the problem. But I am aware that this is probably not the solution you were looking for.

Have you thought about using DVI fixtures for your tests and then activating the external DVI Preview/Output Windows? These windows will have a large, rotating, colorful cross on it, but maybe it is a better way to visualize bigger projects?

Thanks.