DMX to Trigger Storage Place

cuthbec

DMX to Trigger Storage Place

Post by cuthbec »

I have 48 motion sensors that trigger an analogue to DMX card. Each sensor sets a DMX value to 255 when activated and to 0 when idle. If sensor 1 is activated, DMX channel 1 will set to 255, sensor 2 sets DMX 2 etc. When is deactivates, it will return to 0. I would like each of the 48 DMX channels to activate an effect in a storage place when high and deactivate it when low.

I have a working set up. I can use DMX via ArtNet to trigger the cue list, for instance. Is there an easy way to make it work the way I describe above?

Thanks.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: DMX to Trigger Storage Place

Post by Schulze »

Hi cuthbec,

Yes, you will need to create a corresponding remote configuration in MADRIX 5. The required function called "Deck A Place ID", "Deck B Place ID" or "Deck A Place ID + Fade" and "Deck B Place ID + Fade"

The configuration would consist of 48 entries with 48 different DMX channels.
With the MIN and MAX value you are deciding which Storage Place should be activated. For example if you use MIN = 0 and MAX = 0, the first Storage Place will be activated. Now you also need to decide how the incoming values should be processed, therefore you will have two "Execution" options: "Always" and "On Value Change".
If "Always" is selected, the remote command will be permanently and continuously processed by the software.
If "On Value Change" is selected, the remote command will only be processed when the incoming value on this DMX channel has change, thus you can still change the controlled parameter (e.g. the Master intensity) manually in the software.

Please find two small configuration examples below:
- In the first example Storage Place 1, 2 and 3 are triggered with three different DMX Channels. I set the "Execution" to "Always". I left the "MIN" value at 0, so that the Storage Places are only activated, if I receive a 255 value on each of those 3 DMX channels. If a 0 is received, Place 1 will be active.
- In the second example Storage 1, 2 and 3 should be also triggered by three different DMX channels. This time I set the "Execution" to "On Value Change", since I also want to have the opportunity to select Storage Places manually in the software. I used the same value for "MIN" and "MAX", so that the triggered Storage Place remains activated.

I also recommend to have a look at the following tutorials:
https://help.madrix.com/tutorials/m5/HT ... x-in_.html
https://youtu.be/x4djqsNg2gc?si=wCjaX9gOzUjnP3L2
Attachments
Remote_Example_1_Always.png
Remote_Example_1_Always.png (31.05 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Remote_Example_2_OnValueChange.png
Remote_Example_2_OnValueChange.png (31.38 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
cuthbec

Post by cuthbec »

That is very helpful. Thank you for your reply. The information I had not been able to find was the fact that the DMX Max level relates to the storage place number. That makes things much clearer.

Can I just clarify that line 3 in your example should be CH03 and not 1?

Thanks again.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi cuthbec,

Yes, you are right. I made a little mistake in my example, the third list entry should be assigned to DMX channel 3. Sorry!