Possible to restart SCE FX generator on chaser step?

Alex_V

Possible to restart SCE FX generator on chaser step?

Post by Alex_V »

I am attempting to synchronize the SCE Wave/Radial effect with an effect parameter chase using SCE color on two layers mapped to two different fixture groups.

On layer 1 I have a looping chase that is 1.5s in length using SCE Color mapped to fixture group 1. The effect is a linear on/off then fade. I am trying to synchronize a sweeping gradient effect using the SCE Radial/Wave effect on layer 2 mapped to fixture group 2 but having trouble getting them to sync perfectly.

I tried to calculate the BPM based on 60=1s but can't seem to find a value for the radial/wave that is in sync with the chase pattern on the SCE color effect on layer 1. Is there a way I can force the Radial/Wave effect to restart at the selected start frame on layer 2 every time the chase effect starts over on layer 1?
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Possible to restart SCE FX generator on chaser step?

Post by Schulze »

Hi Alex_V,

It is possible to set a "Start Frame" in the effect options in the effect. If you now use the Opacity Action "Restart" it is possible to "start" the effect with a given frame, once the opacity is set to 0 and than back to 255.

As I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, please send us your MADRIX 5 setup to info[at]madrix[dot]com.

Thanks in advance!
Alex_V

Post by Alex_V »

Hi Schulze,

Thanks for your reply. The method you described is the method I have been attempting to use.

I selected the start frame and set the opacity action to "Restart" in the effect options. I then create an effect parameter chase using the "Layer (VIS)" settings. I set the first step with the layer opacity at 255 with 1s wait time and the second step with the opacity at 0 with 0.25 fade time and 0.25 wait time.

When I try to play the effect parameter chaser on that layer I get an error message that says "The Effect Parameter Chaser could not played, paused or stopped! This Madrix Effect is currently not running anymore." The opacity control on the layer is red and the layer label on the bottom has a flashing red border.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Alex_V,

To get it working you will need to use a "Storage Place Parameter Chaser" instead of the "Effect Parameter Chaser". You will find it right above the Storage Places (see image below). You can use the same steps as you did before.
Attachments
Storage Place Parameter Chaser.png
Storage Place Parameter Chaser.png (238.25 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Alex_V

Post by Alex_V »

That method worked thank you!