NDI Compression

Ismal

NDI Compression

Post by Ismal »

Greetings,

When sending an NDI feed into Madrix through SCE Capture effect, the 'blacks' are sometimes very noisy due to compression and create small colored 'artifacts' all over the pixel grid. Is there a way to create a script or layer macro that would 'convert' any incoming RGB values that are for example >3,>3,>3 to 0,0,0?

I have used other software that have an actual option to enable this feature, and it works very well. Maybe it is something you could consider?

Thanks and Best Regards
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: NDI Compression

Post by Schulze »

Hi Ismal,

What is your NDI source / sender? Is the NDI source on the same machine or is it different one?
If the source is on the same machine, I recommend to use SPOUT instead which is compression free.

Which software do use, which offers such a "color correction" option?

It might be possible to use a global macro to do some sort of color correction, but this can be quite difficult.
I also forwarded your request to our developers.
Ismal

Post by Ismal »

Hi Schulze, thank you for your reply.

Yes I know that Spout is compression free, I use it already, but in this case I need to use NDI feeds from other machines (with various softwares) on the same network.

The software that I use that has this feature is called Lightjams LED Mapper (LJLM), see attached screenshot. It is a very simple formula like I mentioned in my previous post, it just makes the very small RGB values 0 which eliminates alot of the 'noise' that is often present with compressed feeds like NDI.
Attachments
Force near black.jpg
Force near black.jpg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 2468 times
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Ismal,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.

In my last reply I forgot to add that there is a "Quantization" Filter available. This filter is available for Deck A and B (FX button) and the output. I recommend to test if this solves the color issues. Does the filter help?