Use of normal Strobe + PAR56 in MADRIX

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ConjuS

Use of normal Strobe + PAR56 in MADRIX

Post by ConjuS »

Hello together,
I purchased two NEO's to control a lighting setup which mainly consist of 16LED Tubes + 2 normal Strobes + 2 PAR-56 Spots (controlled by a DIMMERPACK). To control the LED-Tubes Madrix seems to work perfect, but is there anyway to include the Strobes? I haven't found a premade fixture, should I build them on my own or is it scentless to do so, because Madrix i not made for it? I would love to integrate all Lights we have into Madrix...
All the best
conjus
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Use of normal Strobe + PAR56 in MADRIX

Post by Wissmann »

Hi ConjuS,

yes and no.
MADRIX is not made for General lighting.
Therefor you did not find a stobe fixture in the MADRIX library.
Yes, you can set it up for your own with the MADRIX Fixture Editor.
In this case take care to map your layers for the LED Tubes and seperate it from the Strobes.
A other possibility is to use the DMX Fade Tool in MADRIX, for just control the Strobes Fixtures on demand.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
ConjuS

Post by ConjuS »

Ah, nice! I will check it out. to do it that way.
By the Way: To flip the fixtures in various angles (not only 90/180°...) would be a big improvement for non-symmetrical installations.
Aaand, your mapping tool is great, but if you look at the video mapping tools like IR-Mapio, MadMapper or the integrated Resolume-mapping, they offer much more complex (various layer, a Input/Output-Interface) possibilities. Features like that, would ease it for the user to create content /effects, which fit perfectly to the existing LED-Installation, without creating video-clips or stuff like that.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Thank you for this Feedback and the hints.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)