How can I attach 7 USB-DMX interfaces (+ USB dongle) to 1 PC

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Bichuch

How can I attach 7 USB-DMX interfaces (+ USB dongle) to 1 PC

Post by Bichuch »

Hello!
How many USB-ports must PC have for connecting 7 interfaces + 1 dongle?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: How can I attach 7 USB-DMX interfaces (+ USB dongle) to

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

For 7 interfaces + 1 USB dongle you would need 8 USB ports. But there is an easy solution: Just purchase an active USB 2.0 hub with 8 or 10 ports and you can conenct all units there. Then, your computer would only need 1 USB port.
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Thank you. But I have a further questions...
1. Is it true, 2 x USB-ports and 2 x 4-ports HUBs are good too? (By my mind, there are many 4-ports, but 8-ports are rare.)
2. What about adressing? How would I and PC determine it among several USB interfaces?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

1. Yes, that should work as well.
2. What exactly do you mean? Each interface has a unqiue identifier and the computer will always know which interface is which. For example, they all have a unique serial number. The serial number is also shown in the Device Manager of MADRIX (when you are using MADRIX hardware interfaces at least). If you need to identify them yourself, you could color-code them or lay them out in a certain order, for example. But they also have the serial number label on the device for you to see.

Does that help?
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Yes, it does!
And... Is it true, that I could assign any pair (UniverseNumber + ChannelNumber) to each pixel in the Matrix? (I mean here "pixel" as 1/3 of RGB-lamp, the Matrix consists of such RGB-lamps).
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Yes, you can. MADRIX can control LED projects pixel by pixel.

For example, if you have compatible RGB lamps, MADRIX can individually control the red, green, and blue channel of each pixel/lamp and you can assign the DMX Universe and channel individually. (But of course, the lamps need to work in this way.)
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Thank you very much!