How to control remotely ?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zinok2001

How to control remotely ?

Post by zinok2001 »

Hi, i installed a setup and created my first effects under 15 buttons of storage A. Now i connected a Korg Nano midi controler. The controler is recognized by MADRIX. Now i want to launch my effects by pushing a button or using one of the fader channels. Can anybody tell me how to manage this ? Thx, Marc.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: How to control remotely ?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

I would recommend to create your own MIDI map. You can use the MIDI-IN Remote Editor of MADRIX for this.

Since, you already checked your MIDI controller in the Device Manager, please also make sure to activate "Remote". Then, click on Edit... to call up the Editor.

For your needs, press on "+" and choose "Storage A +Autofade". Then, select the entry in the list and press "Assign". Move the control (button or fader) on your controller and MADRIX will automatically recognize the important assignment information.

If it is a button, enter 0 for Min and Max to assign Storage A1. Enter 1 for Min and Max to assign Storage A2, etc.

If it is a Fader, I would probably assign 0 for Min and 59 for Max.

Duplicate and adjust the entries as needed.

More info can be found here: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_device_page_midi_input.html

Thanks!
zinok2001

Post by zinok2001 »

Thank you very much ! This is a big help ! Just wondering where i can find the crossfader in the list ?

Marc.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

You are welcome.

For the cross-fader choose Fade > Value.
zinok2001

Post by zinok2001 »

ok ! Another question : some tubes move in the opposite way they should move. How can i solve this ?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

That sounds as if your tubes are patched not in the way you would like to have them patched. You can check it under Preferences > Patch. There you can check the DMX addresses, rotation, etc.

Does that help?
zinok2001

Post by zinok2001 »

Perfect ! Thx !