DMX Control start 2 effects?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

cadillackid

DMX Control start 2 effects?

Post by cadillackid »

I am a total Madrix Newbie and am just getting started... im running e1.31 as well as an openDMX..

the e1.31 is to control my RGB Pixels (1600 of them).. and also used as a DMX in from my Lightorama software to start various effects....

the openDMX is to control the LightOrama controllers which work with RS485 based DMX...

so what I have is 400 pixels arranged in a star shape.. I created those in patch and arranged them..

I set up 800 Pixels in a tree shape and also built those in the Patch.

and finally the last 400 Pixels are in a matrix and are also built in patch..

I created effects in bin A and bin B.. and mapped the effects to the appropriate sets of Pixels...

now to figure out how to get them to work.. I have effects in both bin A and bin B.. since each effect is mapped only to 1 set of Pixels, i find I can only have 1 set going at a time... .. I was thinking I should be able to leave the cross-fader in the middle and select an effect from bin A and bin B at the same time via DMX...

or

should I have created a set of Layers for each effect mapped to each layout of lights?

like the helix on layers 1,2,3, map those 3 layers to the star.. then do the scrolling text on layer 4 and map it just to the matrix..

im still learning and trying to get the most versatility out of the system...

-Christopher
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: DMX Control start 2 effects?

Post by Wissmann »

Yes if you like to run different effects on different areas at the same time you should use multiple layers on one StoragePlace where each Layer is mapped to the area of your interest.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)