Home System

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

iamraj

Home System

Post by iamraj »

I have a new home and wanted to start with something small. I was looking at getting 9-18 rgb led tubes (16pixels) and a system to control them with. The main affect I'm looking to achieve is the 'light bounce' as in this video

http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=psNcIWBttlE

(first 20 seconds)

I also wish to use mirrors to amplify the affect.

What I dont know is the following:

Cost of each tube and who good suppliers are (anyone have good experience with alibaba? heard they give great rates)

What other systems will I need to achieve that affect? (The main reason I'm here on madrix since most videos i've seen say 'used madrix')

I'm on a low budget so as much as I would love to get the most advanced software and thousands of led tubes, i cannot afford that right now

I would love to hear from you guys!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Home System

Post by Wissmann »

One Tube with 16 RGB pixel needs 48 DMX Channel.
So for 9 Tubes one DMX Universe is necessary and for 18 Tubes 2 DMX Universes.
I recommend the use of a MADRIX NEO. With that you have a DMX Interface and the MADRIX license included. In case of 18 Tubes just use two MADRIX NEO.
Regarding the LED´s LEDproducts.nl (from the video link) is already a good supplier.
You can also take a look at the MADRIX where to buy page where MADRIX dealer are listed. Some offers LED´s as well.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
iamraj

Post by iamraj »

Wissmann wrote:One Tube with 16 RGB pixel needs 48 DMX Channel.
So for 9 Tubes one DMX Universe is necessary and for 18 Tubes 2 DMX Universes.
I recommend the use of a MADRIX NEO. With that you have a DMX Interface and the MADRIX license included. In case of 18 Tubes just use two MADRIX NEO.
Regarding the LED´s LEDproducts.nl (from the video link) is already a good supplier.
You can also take a look at the MADRIX where to buy page where MADRIX dealer are listed. Some offers LED´s as well.
Thanks for that info, if you saw that effect in the video, is there a specific kind of led tube you recommend? I see all kinds of led lights on their site like digi series, multicolor led strips, single color led strips - i'm looking to achieve the same effect without spending too much.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

I think the LED Tubes should work with DMX and because of the effects you like to see the Tubes should support a 360 degree lighting angle. Mostly this is solved by two leds on booth sides (2x 16 RGB LED Points).
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
iamraj

Post by iamraj »

Wissmann wrote:I think the LED Tubes should work with DMX and because of the effects you like to see the Tubes should support a 360 degree lighting angle. Mostly this is solved by two leds on booth sides (2x 16 RGB LED Points).
Thank you for the advice will look into it; led light and this controlling system is very fascinating! Wish i could test it!