Das Light dongle. noob question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ssff

Das Light dongle. noob question

Post by ssff »

Hi Im new to Madrix and im trying to figure some stuff out. Im doing a light show for my band. Im wanting to use madrix to run an led backdrop and a simple light show. It says on the madrix manual that the das light dongles are compatible with madrix, The das light dongle is appearing in th device manage and when i highligh the device it flashes but I cant seem to transmit any other dmx data, even when i go to tool and dmx faders and change any of the values, the light is not reacting to it. What am I missing?

Shane
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Das Light dongle. noob question

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your question.
I am glad you got the DasLight interface already up and running like this.
In the next step, please make sure to tell MADRIX which lighting fixtures you want to control using the Matrix Generator (http://help.madrix.com/hidd_matrix_generator.html) or the Patch (http://help.madrix.com/hidd_preferences_patch.html).

Please let me know if this solves the situation. Thank you!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

One more hint.
The MADRIX software can use a das light interface for output but you need a license for the MADRIX software which is not provided by the das light interface. Did you habe a MADRIX Key (USB dongle) ?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
ssff

Post by ssff »

Hi Thanks for your reply, yes I have a madrix key, I have the DVI start, which since I posted on the website I discovered does not deal with dmx,

Which leads me to my next question, I need to run a light show withdas light and an led matrix with madrix and I want them to be syncronised together for best impact, Is it possible with my copy of madrix to recieve dmx to be controlled by das light from the same laptop

Shane
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Sorry, but both software applications cannot talk to each other directly; at least not without further equipment (hardware interfaces).

If you are interested, here is some more information:

MADRIX can be controlled remotely via DMX-IN. Daslight can send DMX values and in this way you can use Daslight to trigger scenes in MADRIX, for example.

In Daslight you can add MADRIX as a fixture (e.g. the Small Protocol).
We are offering fixtures for Daslight here: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/download/ ... tware.html

Here is an example: Basically you can connect a USBone to MADRIX and connect your Daslight interface to the USBone. You would then send DMX values from Daslight to the Daslight interface, which sends them to the USBone, which sends them to MADRIX, which triggers some actions in return.

A DMX splitter could be needed to send DMX data to the USBone and to your light show.

Your MADRIX KEY dvi start does not support DMX-OUT, but DMX-IN is supported.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

If daslight is able to send Midi it is also possible to remote control MADRIX with Midi from the daslight. In this case just install a virtaul midi driver like MIDI-YOKI where daslight send to MIDIYOKI port one for example and MADRIX get the Midi data from MIDIYOKI port one.
I recommend this because no additional DMX Hardware is necessary and you have the same possibilities as like as with dmx.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)