key dvi upgrade

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

key dvi upgrade

Post by rodericwilson »

Hello again.

if i buy a key dvi (1000 euros)releasing 307,200 pixels , but not giving me any dmx channels of output , can i upgrade to key proffesional by paying another 1000 euros at a later date giving me the dmx option ?
also if i have key dvi , can i use a neo simultaneously as a dmx input ?

i don't understand how the dmx works with this key proffesional system . through what type of connector is the dmx ouputted and what other hardware might i need if i have several universes of dmx?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: key dvi upgrade

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

1) Yes, you can upgrade the MADRIX KEY. In your case, MADRIX KEY professional would be the next version from MADRIX KEY dvi, correct. And yes, the price difference between both products will be the upgrade fee.

2) Yes, absolutely. For DMX-IN (DMX Input) no license is required; as such it is always accessible. A USBone would also work.

3) DMX is not necessarily restricted to MADRIX KEY professional. MADRIX KEY start and MADRIX KEY basic and MADRIX KEY ultimate also activate DMX-based output. This includes the following communication protocols: DMX512, Art-Net, Streaming ACN (E1.31), Philiphs ColorKinetics KiNet, and Insta/ROBE.

DMX512 is put out with the help of DMX interfaces, such as the USBone, the MADRIX NEO, or the MADRIX PLEXUS. (But NEO and PLEXUS don't need a MADRIX KEY to work). So, it wouldn't be a problem to use 16x USBone interfaces, for example. When considering large installations, Art-Net is one of the better options. It transmits DMX512 data over Ethernet network. You would then use so-called Art-Net nodes (also a sort of interface device) to output the data from the computer.

If you only need a few DMX universes data output, it might make sense to use 4 MADRIX NEO + MADRIX KEY dvi for example.

Does that clear things up for you?
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

yes that is very clear thanks .
so the art net output would be my computer's ethernet output then ?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Exactly - it will use the network card.