output dmx values outside the matrix

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

output dmx values outside the matrix

Post by rodericwilson »

this is kind of linked to my previous post "script variables passed between the 4 script areas".

when using the DMX FADer TOOL you can take control of channels higher than the ones used by your matrix without affecting the patterns assuming you are not using all the channels on that universe .
Is there a way in scripting to write to channels outside the matrix ?
i am thinking this could be useful to send signals to other equipment,
(moving heads etc etc ) with your madrix patterns synced .

My Second question is , is there a script function that can read which DMX values are being outputted by MADRIX?( it might be called GetDmxOutChannel)
you could then read these values and use them wherever you needed in any script .
This could be a solution to my previous post i mentioned.

if only the first of these 2 questions is possible (outputting values outside the matrix) then you could at leat re feed the dmx back in as an input and read using GetDmxInChannel .

Thanks

Roderic
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: output dmx values outside the matrix

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

I want to quickly inform you that the answer might take two more days. We will post a reply as soon as possible! Thanks.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: output dmx values outside the matrix

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

In short, no and no. I am sorry and I hate to stop you in your creativity, but both request aren't possible so far. For the second question, GetPixelArea might be a starting point as it reads the color values of the entire matrix. But you would probably need to know the DMX addresses of each pixel to work with it further.
Thanks.