script variables passed between the 4 script areas

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

script variables passed between the 4 script areas

Post by rodericwilson »

i wish to make a MAS script in the first layer whose sliders and buttons will control various other effect's parameters in the other layers in that same storage place thus using the MAS effect as a control facility rather than an effect .

by doing this you can have a great amount of simultaneous and more sophisticated control at your fingertips when doing manual live show .
e.g you could have the speed of DROPS decreasing as the width increases in one layer while the width of SHAPES are increasing in the next layer while something else is changing in another etc etc .
of course there are much better ways than the quick example i have just given but I think this sort of control can add an extra dimension to live show manipulation.

I am very new to scripting and i am finding it very hard to get my head around it all .
so i am asking is there a way to make the variables i create in e.g the MAS script , available in the EFFECTS script .(and potentially accross storage place and main output macros too)
i would create a slider A.....

ctrlslider A = {"slider", 0, 0, 100};,

make variable B the value of the slider .....

int B = A.value ;

then in other layers in the macros for effects , use B 's value to control various different parameters in those layers .

Am i missing something glaringly obvious here or is not that simple , or not possible and if so can it be made possible ?

Roderic
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: script variables passed between the 4 script areas

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

Unfortunately, both is not possible.
One cannot pass variables in the Effect Macros (or Layers) and you can also not pass them between all 4 instances (MAS Script Effect, Effect Macros, Storage Place Macro, Main Output Macro).

It is an interesting idea though, I'll have to admit.