IMPORTING STORAGE IN SCRIPTING OR REMOTE CONTROL

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

IMPORTING STORAGE IN SCRIPTING OR REMOTE CONTROL

Post by rodericwilson »

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO IMPORT STORAGE AND STORAGE PLACES FROM THEIR SAVED FILES USING SCRIPTING OR REMOTE CONTROL .

IS THIS CURRENTLY POSSIBLE OR COULD IT BE MADE POSSIBLE ?...........PLEASE!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: IMPORTING STORAGE IN SCRIPTING OR REMOTE CONTROL

Post by Wissmann »

It is currently not possible.
Could you please describe more detailed how you like to use this feature in a showcase?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

Hi Wissmann

well , my set up would benefit immensly from such control but i am sure it could be used in lots of different ways .

i am building "the light piano" which controls madrix with a midi keyboard and has lots of dials , buttons ,switches , pedals etc etc which create dmx signals and input into madrix controlling parameters , speed, colours effects using scripting and some remote facilities madrix has.
The idea is that the computer is hidden away and all is controlled remotely .

i noticed in the forum people asking for more storage places , which i can understand as they can fill up even with much less ellaborate set ups than the one i am embarking on.

"Import storage"is a good answer to this and i was delighted to find that the full 60 storage places load up extremely quickly and seemlessly when done manually from the file menu.

So quicker access to this could be great in live shows . press one button (dmx input channel controlled or even a keyboard shortcut)and a whole new storage A loads up .
a dmx input channel's value could be assigned to the saved storage (.mss) file location on the hard drive giving 255 such locations.

it could also be available to be activated in the cuelist sequence .

(also it would be good to load/replace a selected number of storage places e.g the top row 1-15 rather than only being limited to the whole of storage A(or B) or just 1
storage place)

My set up is quite complicated and to lengthy to explain here, but i do need far more than 60 storage places ( hundreds and hundreds) and there is no option in my project to reach the computer .
i might have the storage places grouped e.g all 15 of the top row (1-15)in storage A ,might be metaballs -each one different .
the next 15 (16-30) might be drops -again each place a different variety of drops.and so on and so on .
the vertical columns could share the same colour (places 1,16,31,46) or
other attributes (so grouped quite neatly and intuitively). pressing a button could have the next row of 15 storages imported pushing out one of the rows . this would give the impression of a scroll bar like
you get on some lighting desks.

i suppose it would also be really usefull to have improved copying pasting facilities for the storage places - selecting in order several of them, copying them all ,
then selecting in order where they are to be pasted . - i have often found trying to reorganise my storage places a bit of a headache when they start getting full.but that's another thing!

the guy needing more storage places who wrote in the forum about the christmas tree lights he does . he could load up greater numbers of the 60 storages ,and fully automated.

a few ideas in here but they are all related

Thanks

Roderic
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Roderic,
thank you very much for this detailed explenation.
So i think if you have the possiblilty to load storage places in the main out macro for reacting on incomming dmx signal is what you have in mind, right?
On hint, for reorganisation of your storage places you have a copy storage dialog in the edit menu. With this you are able to copy more than one storage place to different locations.
How ever, we will check what we can do for you up to the next release regarding a macro function for loading storage places.
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

Hi Wissmann
yes that is what i would like.

thanks for the hint on the copy storage places -just what i need - i had missed that - is that relatively new ?

it would be good to be able to import several storage places in one go too instaed of just 1 or all 60 which seems to be the the current option.

and i would love to see the ability to copy and paste several layers too !.

Great product though !
Roderic
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Roderic,
no the copy storage place dialog is something realy MADRIX old scool ;-)
About importing several storage places at once and not 60 we have currently no good idea how two realize it regarding the user interface.
Coping of several layers need a multi select of layers which is also currently not designed.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

With MADRIX 2.14, we now have two new Script functions called ImportStorage and ImportStoragePlace! How does that sound?
The Script user manual provides more information.

We hope you like it!
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

that sounds very good indeed !

you are not only taking led control but also customer service to a new level !!!

also i am trying out the new graph effect .
very nice !!
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

rodericwilson wrote:that sounds very good indeed !

you are not only taking led control but also customer service to a new level !!!

also i am trying out the new graph effect .
very nice !!
Thanks. Please keep us updated!
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
StefanHegteler

Post by StefanHegteler »

Dannenberg wrote:Hi Roderic,

With MADRIX 2.14, we now have two new Script functions called ImportStorage and ImportStoragePlace! How does that sound?
The Script user manual provides more information.

We hope you like it!
Hi,
Can you send me the script for the function "importstorage"?

Thanks!