Off site pre programming

webcentrik

Off site pre programming

Post by webcentrik »

Working with a company and have patched and setup their show to be put on to two Auras.

I don't have any of the hardware on here and won't be able to get on site to program the Auras with my key.

Do I just add default Artnet devices in to Device Manager and ignore the fact that there are Auras. Just record my Cues and then convert them to transfer to the Aura using hardware manager. Client will be editing the Nebula configurations on site. I have IPs for the Nebs and know what the Auras will be set to.

Also I really need to sync the Auras as they have a 32 and an 8 but there won't be any additional controllers to trigger, do I set a manual DMX channel and fixture and then have the second aura listen for the channel?
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Off site pre programming

Post by Schulze »

Hi webcentrik,

You don't need to add any Art-Net devices for the dxd conversion to work. You only need to use the correct patch and to enter the correct virtual universes (those from the patch) in the DXD Conversion menu.
Also I really need to sync the Auras as they have a 32 and an 8 but there won't be any additional controllers to trigger,[...]
- No, since the AURA features a master / slave synchronization.
- That means one AURA (e.g. AURA 32) will be the master and the other one the slave (e.g. AURA 8), which follows the master device.
- The master is sending sync packets to synchronize all slave devices.
- Please check the following tutorial:
https://youtu.be/JvauHisij8Y?si=BKAuQA58pFf8WVvX