Major Confusion.

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mission_rave

Major Confusion.

Post by mission_rave »

Hie,

My project has the following product.
I have Madrix pro.

Horizontal Tubes = 11 lines of 8 tubes each. (16 pixels in 1MTR)
Thats a total of 1408 pixels.

Vertical Tubes = 12 lines of 12 tubes each (12 pixels in 1 Mtr) (Double sided)
3456 pixels.

so how do i make my matrix.

I also have a question about the connections.

I have 3 X-NET 8's.
Each line of horizontal & vertical goes into 1 DMX Universe.
so 11 + 12 = 22 ports used on X-net out of 23.

The tubes are daisy chained with a special connector which has 4 pins and the end cable is split into power supply & dmx through a T connector.

I was confused because some people said i need a LED controller before i connect to the artnet. But my suppler said the tubes have DMX IN & OUT so i can directly pass the DMX signal from the x-net to the tubes.

I hope im heading in the right direction.

Thx.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Re: Major Confusion.

Post by Pinzer »

Hi,

the 2nd question first: When your supplier says the tubes working without an LED Controller, then i would try it. All what i find out was that this tubes seems to be 'selfadressing' and couldt interprate a direct DMX signal. I think the power supply only merge the DMX signal and the power to the 4 pin cable. So the best way is to test it. the only thing i don't knwo is how many DMX channel each tube need. in best way is it the number of pixel * 3 (RGB).

Your 1st question is more difficult. It looks like you want to built a 3D effect. at the moment MADRIX has no real 3D effects build in, but there are possibilities with scripts and macros to programm really nice 3D effects. The first thing you must think about is what effect you want to reallize. but you have in my opinion one problem. You have the vertikal and the horizontal tube, each for themself would work but a combination of both couldt be quite difficult to programm. So the best way couldt be to patch the vertikal seperated from the horizontal , so that you can map different effects on the 2 systems.
The first step you should make is to built a fixture for each of your 2 tube types, so you can better patch it at all.

i hope it helps you a little bit. Please ask if you have more detailed questions.