3.5A FREEZE ON BOOT UP WINDOW HELP!

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

opm128

3.5A FREEZE ON BOOT UP WINDOW HELP!

Post by opm128 »

madrix freezes on boot up when it loads the files, if i unplug my cat 5 cable it boots correctly, ( i have the dongle in as well). If i plug it in after boot , the software runs correctly and all the nodes respond and work and it has not crashed i ran it for 8 hrs.

what I did to get there, I have 3 luna 16 nodes, 1 was out of date firmware so I updated it to 1.5 so now all of them are uptodate I thought that was the fix It didnt work, I swaped cat5 cables to check if that was an issue that didnt work, I tried it on my mac book pro windows 7 that didnt work still same solution.

My windows 7 is updated completey ,firewall is off, ip adress correct, runing it as administator.. ANY OTHER WORDS OF ADVICE WOULD HELP?

the one thing I havent tried is a new switch device.. system specs below

3x luna 16
1x netgear pro safe 16 port gigabit switch model jgs516 ( i was told its an unmanaged switch )
4x cat5 e cables

1x HP envy desktop windows 7 updated current , w quicktime
500gig ssd
16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 FH GFX
Windows 7 Professional 64
256GB SATA 2.5 TLC Solid State Drive
HP Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 NIC
4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K processor hexa-core [3.3GHz, 15MB Shared Cache]
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: 3.5A FREEZE ON BOOT UP WINDOW HELP!

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,
i gues MADRIX did not freeze but need a long time to come up.
Are you using a different application in the same network which runs Art-Net as well like a lighting desk?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
opm128

Post by opm128 »

Nope no other art net devices in network , and as I know I have my wireless and Bluetooth disabled, have the firewall off . Ip is correct , dns disabled ... Any other network settings I am missing ? Do you think it might be the switch ? Are there any perferd switches out there for the Luna 16 nodes ? Thanks for your help
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi opm128,

sorry for the delay.
We did not forget you and your issue.
Unfortunately i have no solution for you right now.
The good news are we found one computer in the office which seam to have the same issue.
The interesting part is this issue occure only in one account of this computer. In a different accoutn everything works correctly. We now try to figure out what are the differences between this two accounts but did not find any so far.
I keep you updated here if we have new informations.
reporter

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I also seem to have some random freezes on start-up with 3.5a. The most recent message on the Madrix startup screen says that it has loaded the fixture library.

It seems to be related to the Network, if I disconnect or change the network settings I can get it to boot up.

It's a Windows 7 bootcamp partition, running on a Macbook Pro. Sometimes it's booted into Windows natively, and sometimes I'm running it with VMWare.

Thanks,
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello reporter,
Is your PC connected to the internet or has your used VMWare access to the internet at the start of MADRIX?
If not please connect your PC to the internet, start MADRIX and wait until MADRIX is booted. Now you can close MADRIX and disconnect the PC from the internet. When you restart MADRIX it should start quickly.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi at all,
beside the work arround my college described (go one time online with the MADRIX PC) we found a solution for this issue which will be available with the next MADRIX Version 3.6.