connecting madrix version 3 with grand ma2 console version

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

radhe

connecting madrix version 3 with grand ma2 console version

Post by radhe »

[/color]Hi ,
Sir I am using grand ma2 console and madrix 3 latest version here the point is that I am not able to connect madrix with grand ma 2 as I have seen many people doing madrix and grand ma together.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: connecting madrix version 3 with grand ma2 console versi

Post by Wissmann »

Hi radhe,
how you try to connect the ma2 with MADRIX?
DMX? Art-Net?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
radhe

Post by radhe »

sorry for the late reply, i am trying to connect madrix 3 with grand ma 2 by the mean of art net .i have done all the settings in madrix as well as in grand ma .i can se the citp in grand ma in green color and also update the thumbnails. but i fails to trigger the madrix from grand ma 2.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello radhe,
When you want to control MADRIX remotely with a grandMA 2 via Art-Net please make sure that you have set the receiving IP address in MADRIX to the IP address of the grandMA console. Therefor please opnen the MADRIX "Device Manager" and perform a double click with the left mouse button at the "ArtNet Remote" entry in the list of the "DMX Devices" tab. Now the "Art-Net Device Configuration" window opens. In this window you will find the settings for the IP Address. Please type in the correct IP Address of your grandMA console.
In the following link you will also find a step by step tutorial how you can learn the settings to control MADRIX remotely via ArtNet:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... emote.html
Also please make sure that you have patched the MADRIX 3 fixture in the grandMA console to the right DMX start channel and universe according the settings in MADRIX.
radhe

Post by radhe »

I have followed the link u mentioned above .every thing is going well I have pathed madrix 3 and also enable the citp Madrix is transmitting the citp .got a citp massage with the ip address 10.0.0.39 .
10.0.039 is the ip address of pc m using for Madrix .al the same I am not able to control Madrix from grand ma .I also updated the thumbnail and grand ma shows the all graphics I have made in Madrix .
radhe

Post by radhe »

It seems that something m missing coz Madrix have a control over grand ma but grand ma don't have any control over Madrix.when I move cursor on the wheel of storage cue in grand ma ..nothing occurs in Madrix.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello radhe,
Can you please tell me the IP address of your grandMA console?
radhe

Post by radhe »

Ip adrs of grand m a is 10.0.0.23
And the ip address of Madrix is 10.0.0.39
As I have mentioned before that I am able to get citp notification on grand ma with the ip adrs 10.0.0.39 also configured the fixture layer but I am confused in library subattribute ang image subattribute before update thumbnails
radhe

Post by radhe »

M using grand ma on pc
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello radhe,
Also when you are using the grandMA onPC the network card of the PC will have an IP-Address on which the grandMA software will have access and send the Art-Net data. Please have a look to the IP-Address settings of the grandMA PC. To find these setting please go to:
"Windows Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Local Area Connection > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties".
What is the IP-Address of the used grandMA PC?