by Ismal
Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:25 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: DMX and Madrix
Replies: 9
Views: 77652

Re: DMX and Madrix

@Matthieu

In the mean time, maybe you can set the cross-fader to 75% when you know the next effect is to bright. You could just not cross-fade all the way, it would be a way to 'cheat'.
by Ismal
Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:25 pm
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: cue list .csv problem
Replies: 2
Views: 40061

Re: cue list .csv problem

You can just open your .csv file in your favorite text editor (notepad etc) and replace all 'commas' with 'semicolons', then save and import into Madrix.

But some countries use commas as decimal separators, so I think it is wise that Madrix uses semicolons, that way there is no confusion.
by Ismal
Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:09 pm
Topic: SCE Video plays mrec file twice
Replies: 3
Views: 42334

Re: SCE Video plays mrec file twice

This is a very annoying bug. We were using Madrix for a professional video shoot where the effect had to be played once and then stop. Actually, sometimes it does stop after the first play, but 90% of the time it plays twice. I could not figure out why sometimes it stops after one play, it seems to ...
by Ismal
Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 pm
Topic: SCE Video plays mrec file twice
Views: 42334

SCE Video plays mrec file twice

Hi,

When I select SCE Video and load a .mrec file and choose "playback mode normal (once)", it plays the clip twice before stopping. I tried various .mrec files, tried with a new empty madrix project, and it still does it.

Madrix v3.4a.

thanks
by Ismal
Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:53 pm
Forum: Wishes and Feature Requests
Topic: Any Chance Perhaps For A Screen Capture/ Screen Output FX?
Views: 58748

Re: Any Chance Perhaps For A Screen Capture/ Screen Output F

Hi Chris, If I understand correctly, you want to capture an area of your desktop and input that live feed into Madrix ? I've used that technique often. You can capture a selected area of your desktop with many software like ManyCams or SplitCam, then in Madrix you select SCE Video and open capture d...
by Ismal
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:07 pm
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Madrix on weak computers
Views: 45189

Re: Madrix on weak computers

I've used a laptop with Atom 1.6ghz CPU and 1Gb Ram with Madrix in standalone mode (only pre-programmed cues) with all Previews off, driving about 8 Universes worth of pixels without any troubles. Apart from the Madrix tweaking, I find that performance can be improved even more by disabling all Wind...
by Ismal
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:14 pm
Topic: How to merge 2 different patches
Replies: 1
Views: 29377

How to merge 2 different patches

I have two complex patches and I would like to merge them together into one, is that possible ?

Thanks !
by Ismal
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm
Topic: Midi Pass-Thru
Replies: 7
Views: 63996

Re: Midi Pass-Thru

Try installing Midi-Yoke with compatibility mode set to WinXP SP2 and administrator privileges, and as a last resort you could put windows in 'test' mode which allows you to install unsigned drivers. It should work, I use it on a win7 x64 box all the time as you can see in my previous screenshot. Se...
by Ismal
Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm
Topic: Midi Pass-Thru
Replies: 7
Views: 63996

Re: Midi Pass-Thru

The trick is that the Madrix does not recognize MIDI-OX et all as midi devices, and so will not take input from them. Interesting because Madrix will take input from my MidiYoke devices, are you sure you have configured everything correctly ? Do they not appear in the list, or do they appear but th...
by Ismal
Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:06 pm
Topic: Assign key to storage place.
Replies: 1
Views: 30166

Assign key to storage place.

I am trying to assign a key on my midi keyboard to storage place 11 with absolute interaction, but when I press the key, it switches to storage 11, and when I release it, it always goes back to storage place of the minimum value, how to make it so it goes back the the last storage place it was at in...