USBone exchange

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Bichuch

USBone exchange

Post by Bichuch »

Hello!
Our installation consists of MADRIX2 Basic with 7 universes, that are outputted through 7 USBone's. After thunderstorm 3 of interfaces were died.
How will the system work after replacing them with new ones?
I mean, that serial numbers will be changed, but all software settings will be the same (i.e. for old interfaces' serial numbers).
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: USBone exchange

Post by Guertler »

Hello Bichuch,
You can easily exchange the 3 USBone.
After you have plugged the new interfaces please start MADRIX and go to the "DMX Devices" tab of the "Device Manager" (go in MADRIX to "Preferences > Device Manager") and check if the output universes are correct. If not please change the universes to the desired universe number.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Guertler wrote:check if the output universes are correct. If not please change the universes to the desired universe number.
This is the core question!
If end-user (for example, unqualified) will NOT change settings in software (i.e. only plug in new interfaces), how the system would function? Will it send data into interfaces with new serial numbers? And, if yes, how it will distribute DMX universes among them?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Bichuch,
If you will plug new MADRIX USBone and you go in MADRIX to the DMX Devices tab of the Device Manager ("Preferences > Device Manager") you will see the output universes of the new plugged devices are set to DMX universe 1 and MADRIX will send the output of DMX universe 1 to all DMX interfaces which are set to 1.
But you can easily change the DMX universe to a desired DMX universe. Here you can learn how you can change the DMX universe:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... verse.html
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thak you.
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Guertler wrote:you will see the output universes of the new plugged devices are set to DMX universe 1 and MADRIX will send the output of DMX universe 1 to all DMX interfaces which are set to 1.
Thank you!