mrec record is too dark

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

chursin

mrec record is too dark

Post by chursin »

Hello all. I have the following problem: I'm trying to record the sequence of effects to .mrec file. Then I reproduce it with "video" effect. But the result seems to by very dark in compare to the original image. Is it bug or do I something wrong?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: mrec record is too dark

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi chursin,

I just ran a short test and did not see any issues on my computer.

There are various options to reduce the brightness in MADRIX.

When you record something, the Recording tool records the content of the Main Output Preview (the middle preview window). So I would first recommend to check the Master Fader.
Moreover, please check the Storage Submaster, the Layer Submaster, and the Layer Opacity.

Does that help?
Please let me know. Thank you!
chursin

Post by chursin »

Hmmm.. It looks strange: I've try it with default patch and it seems to work ok. With our patch it is about 50% darker. But how patch can affect the brightness?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

The Patch can indeed affect the brightness in different ways:

1. The used type of fixtures does not fit the MADRIX KEY license.
Example 1: You Patch uses more DMX channels than your MADRIX KEY license offers.
Example 2: Your Patch includes DVI fixtures, but your MADRIX KEY license only has DMX-based output.
Example 3: Your Patch includes DMX fixtures, but your MADRIX KEY license only offers DVI-based output.

2. The Patch has areas, where not fixtures are patched. That would also reduce the brightness in these ares.

Please follow this link to learn more about the subject: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_user_interf ... indow.html
chursin

Post by chursin »

This can be true. I test it without Madrix key. I should wait before I become one (next week) and try it one more time. Thank you very much for the information!