Control PLEXUS over internet

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Pecanac

Control PLEXUS over internet

Post by Pecanac »

Hello,

How can I control PLEXUS over internet?

The PLEXUS will be placed in an el. cabinet and there will only be an internet connection. How can I control it remotely? What do I need, maybe static IP or similar?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Control PLEXUS over internet

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecanac,

When you want to control the PLEXUS over the internet, you should create a VPN. After you have created the VPN you can control it like you are working with the PLEXUS in a local network.

When you are working with the PLEXUS, static IP addresses are recommended.
Pecanac

Post by Pecanac »

Hi Guertler and thank you again for answering to my posts,

I tried VPN, in order the VPN to work it has to be on 192.168.x.x address range. But when I connect it through VPN that PC cant locate PLEXUS, and in Madrix it says "no madrix 3 key". When I try accessing PLEXUS from a web browser using his network address it works. So basically I can only control it remotely but GUI isn't available.

Also I am only testing it here, luminaires and plexus will be placed elsewhere. The setup should be able to be controlled remotely because no PC will be there only internet connection.

If they provide an static IP address is it possible to access remote control no GUI for PLEXUS if I connect it to that router? How should I configure plexus that time? Should it have same ip address as the static one and change gate options or something else?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecanac,

When the VPN is installed and correctly adjusted, it is no problem to connect the PLEXUS to the MADRIX PC and MADRIX will unlock the license of the PLEXUS. So please double check your VPN settings again and also the firewall settings.

When you are using a PLEXUS via Art-Net you should work with static IP addresses.
Pecanac

Post by Pecanac »

Hello Guertler,

As I mentioned before. This is jest a test configuration it will all move to a location where there will be only router with internet no PC. Can I port forward PLEXUS with router and a static IP address, and that way be able to remotely control PLEXUS?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecanac,

When you have configured your VPN correctly, it should work in your explained way and you will get access with MADRIX to the PLEXUS over the internet.
edwardmartin755

Post by edwardmartin755 »

The default password must be changed every time after you buy a router and to do that you need to Access Linksys Router IP Address. You can configure the whole settings from there.