Patching a Fixture that can occupy 2 different universes

jasongoetz

Patching a Fixture that can occupy 2 different universes

Post by jasongoetz »

Would be a great feature for us if a fixture can occupy two universes. Or, even more as we keep doing larger pixel displays.

We find ourselves needing to patch 10 - 64ch fixtures that auto address. Fixture 1 and 2 fit into a single universe. But the next one doesn't fit so it can't be patched in madrix the way it works when plugged in. I have looked into making a bunch of different fixtures. 64px, 44px, 22px, 40px, 20px....Seems a bit time consuming. Possibly there already is a good way to achieve this and I just don't know it yet.

We also have 48px, 64px, 96px, 128px, 150px and 300px fixtures.

Typically I would just use generic RGB 1 Pixel to achieve this. We are noticing the patch window is having a hard time loading when we patch so many single pixels (over 600 universes). If we use fixtures the patch window loads much faster. I had one patch that wouldn't load at all with to many single rgb pixels.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Patching a Fixture that can occupy 2 different universes

Post by Schulze »

Hi jasongoetz,

I forwarded your request to our developers.

Yes, for now it is necessary to use multiple fixtures.
If the fixtures only contains color channels the creation of the fixture profiles is rather fast. After adding the first 3 color channels the Fixture Editor is able to predict the next channels.

Thank you for your feedback!