madrix crash in combination with DMX-Remote

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

bioSm07

madrix crash in combination with DMX-Remote

Post by bioSm07 »

hey,

i mentioned the following problem over the last few releases:

I'am using a Enttec USB Pro as DMX-input-device to remote control madrix from a DMX-controller.
Controlled is the master-fader and the storage places.

so, lets imagine a live gig and the crew is making last adjustments to the light and LED setup.
While somebody is using the DMX-Controller, another person is doing some last settings in madrix

And there is the problem...
If the "madrix-guy" is in a submenu or is changing settings of a storage place and there is a DMX-Signal from the DMX-Controller that changes the storage place, the whole program crashes.

regards
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: madrix crash in combination with DMX-Remote

Post by Wissmann »

It would be usefully if you can told us what exactly you changed by hand and what you changed by remote. The informations we need is the effect and the parameter you are speaking about.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
bioSm07

Post by bioSm07 »

Ok, the short form is:

If you are editing a layer setting of any storage place and someone else is changing the storage place via DMX, the program chrashes.
bioSm07

Post by bioSm07 »

any answers yet?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

No until now i am not able to reproduce this behavior. I Testet it with midi instead of dmx but this makes no difference i think so.
Therefor we need a more specific explenation which effect and which parameter was changed by hand during the dmx changes the storage place.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)