Lock External Preview Zoom?

CraftLighting

Lock External Preview Zoom?

Post by CraftLighting »

Hello,

I have three questions.

1) Curious if it is possible to "Lock" the zoom on an external preview window so that it loads exactly the same on every boot? I know I can lock the physical position of the preview window on the monitor (which is helpful), but can't find a way to lock in a specific view of the voxel map itself.

The client uses a (GOD AWFUL) software that can ONLY display video via a screen capture box, so this is our workaround so that software can follow the rest of their lighting colors & F/X. It'd be lovely to be able to have this load in the same orientation every time so that the non-technical staff didn't have to manually zoom in on the voxel map for every startup.

2) Mildly related: Is it possible to unpatch fixtures that are in my voxel map without deleting them so that they still display in the preview? Or, is it possible to add voxels to the map that are unpatched and thus don't count against the license parameters?

3) Is there any way to control R-G-B filter values at the Effect LAYER level via DMX in? I see the ability to do RGB levels for master, deck and overall effect but only the ability to change the color filter TYPE at the layer level.

Bonus: Anyone know of any good MADRIX programmers in Chicagoland by chance? I may hire out for some future jobs where my team doesn't have the programming bandwidth.

Thanks! :D
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Lock External Preview Zoom?

Post by Schulze »

Hi CraftLighting,

1) "Curious if it is possible to "Lock" the zoom on an external preview window so that it loads exactly the same on every boot?[...]"
- I'm not quite sure, why you need the zoom in that case. If you open the "External Preview" in DVI mode you will get access to the "Preview Settings" to for example change the display area.
- Therefore select "Previews" > "External Preview 1" > "DVI". To change the seetings please perform a right mouse click at the preview and select "Preview Settings" from the list.

Here you will find additional information (part - 2] DVI Options):
https://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/ ... splay+area

2) "Mildly related: Is it possible to unpatch fixtures that are in my voxel map without deleting them so that they still display in the preview?[...]
- I'm sorry, but this is not possible.
- But the following might help you:
+ Please navigate to "Preferences" > "Options..." > "Performance" > "Rendering" and set the "Included Voxels" to "All". + This way all voxel positions with placed fixtures or without placed fixtures will be rendered.

3) Is there any way to control R-G-B filter values at the Effect LAYER level via DMX in?
- I'm sorry, but this is not possible. On the layer "level" there are no color filters apart from the other filters e.g. "Color Correction". You can control the filter color remotely for Deck A, Deck B and the Main Output.

I hope this helps you!
CraftLighting

Post by CraftLighting »

Thanks for the response Schulze, I appreciate it. The DVI preview window looks promising, I hadn't considered that but will give it a try when I am onsite next.

Take care,
riley34

Post by riley34 »

Hello and thank you @Schulze for sharing. Indeed, the DVI preview window is a pretty good idea.