Controlling Madrix 3 via MyDMX 3.0

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

brody

Controlling Madrix 3 via MyDMX 3.0

Post by brody »

Searched high and low and can't seem to find a solution. We have a light shows setup to individual songs, and would like to have madrix go completely dark when selecting a scene in mydmx. Both madrix and mydmx are running on the same pc. mydmx runs into the pc via ethernet. Anyone have any knowledge on this?
brody

Re: Controlling Madrix 3 via MyDMX 3.0

Post by brody »

Alternatively, (and probably far easier) if there was a way to setup a hotkey to start a cue list, we could use the same hotkey in mydmx to activate both at the same time.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello brody,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

You can control MADRIX remotely via DMX or Art-Net and trigger the desired functionality in MADRIX from the MyDMX software.
Both of the explained approaches are possible with MADRIX.

If you want to go to dark when the MyDMX software is playing a scen, simply send a command to trigger MADRIX to activate an empty storage place. Now MADRIX will send noting and will wait for the next trigger command.

If you want to use a cue list, you can trigger the 'Go' command in the cue list to change the output in MADRIX.

To configure the remote control of MADRIX you have to decide how you want to send the data to MADRIX. If you want to use Art-Net, you can have a look to the following tutorial:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... emote.html
You can jump over 'Step 2' of this tutorials.

If you want to use DMX for triggering, you are in need of one of DMX interfaces to receive the data from the MyDMX software. So you can use the MADRIX USB ONE, STELLA, PLEXUS or LUNA to receive the DMX data.
In the following tutorial you can learn how to configure the DMX input in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... mx_in.html
mikeyrowlands92

Post by mikeyrowlands92 »

I have used Madrix 3 and my dmx3 together by using a midi keyboard. I have now changed over to Touch OSC. MyDMX also uses midi and it is working fine together.