how to connect a licence to a machine

strobie

how to connect a licence to a machine

Post by strobie »

Hi, I have a show this week which i have been asked to use madirx 5 to drive led elements.

i have downloaded the latest version on my windows 10 machine for programming, and have been given a licence key from a friend of mine. I have downloaded the driver file from this website and installed it. when i open the Codemeter app, i can see the licence. when i open matrix i cannot see the licence. when i open device manager, windows says the key doesn't have a driver.

searching for a usb driver yeilds the same results (download codemeter). searching for a tutorial on how to install the licence shows nothing. searching the help documents on the website does not show me what to do in my case. There is no easy to understand clear instructions at all on the internet or in this forum that i can find, and there is no support in my part of the world.

Can someone please explain why the licence cant bee seen, and how to fix this?
i have to use a separate computer for the actual show this week but need to use this one to programme. this computer is not the one that my friend uses with this licence, does that matter?

Is this process always difficult? Is it supposed to be plug and play like almost all other applications that use hardware keys? Today is supposed to be the start of a day of studio programming, but there is no support number to call and no helpful online resources.

Please can someone help me?
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: how to connect a licence to a machine

Post by Schulze »

Hi strobie,

The MADRIX KEY enables the data output for the computer on which the MADRIX KEY is connected. Furthermore all required drivers will be automatically installed with the MADRIX 5 installation.

Therefore please send us an e-mail (to info[at]madrix[dot]com) with the serial number of the MADRIX KEY. Please also send us a MADRIX 5 logfile. To save the logfile start MADRIX 5 and navigate to "Tools" > "Logfile", click the button "Save As..." and enter a name for the logfile.