Attempting to install key on Microsoft Surface laptop

doobop

Attempting to install key on Microsoft Surface laptop

Post by doobop »

I'm trying to install/register a key on a Microsoft Surface laptop computer running windows 10. When I insert the key, I just hear the USB connected chime but nothing further. When I do this on my desktop, I see a few messages about running CodeMeter. Is there a setting or something that could be blocking this on my laptop? Are there mysterious prereq's for running CodeMeter? I do have AutoPlay - Software and Games set to "Install or run program from your media". But that does not seem sufficient.

Follow up question, step 1a of Upload Request states "Start MADRIX KEY activation service". What is the service? Is this on the key or is it part of the Madrix 5 installation package (already on my computer)?
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Attempting to install key on Microsoft Surface laptop

Post by Schulze »

Hi doobop,

No there aren't any special prerequisites.
The "MADRIX KEY activation service" is needed to "apply" your license to your MADRIX KEY.

Here you can learn how to activate your MADRIX KEY:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... ation.html

Did you receive a ticket number from your dealer?
doobop

Post by doobop »

Yes, I do have the ticket number. When I run "Activate MADRIX KEY..." from Madrix 5 (5.2), it takes me to a web page (key.madrix.com). I enter the ticket number, press the 'Activate' button, then I'm prompted to select and already used MADRIX KEY (with the option of 'No MADRIX KEY found!') or pick a license request file (which I have none). Reading the detailed instructions, I'm supposed to

[*]Create a license request file with Firm Code xxxx for the MADRIX KEY where you want to transfer the licenses to . This file can for example be created with MADRIX KEY activation service. How it works
[*]Start MADRIX KEY activation service on the computer where the desired MADRIX KEY is.
[*]Select this MADRIX KEY.
[*]Click "License Update".
[*]Follow the instructions of the "CmFAS Assistant". Choose the option "Create license request".

But, I have not found this MADRIX key activation service to run these steps. I see this on both my laptop and desktop - so I think it's just not understading on how to run the software.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi doopob,

Please follow the steps below in order to activate your MADRIX KEY:

1) Connect your MADRIX KEY to the computer. This is important!
2) Start MADRIX 5 now and go to the menu "Help" > "MADRIX KEY" > "Activate MADRIX KEY..."
3) Enter your ticket number, select your MADRIX KEY and follow the on-screen instructions.

Creating a license request file is not necessary.

You can double-check your MADRIX 5 License in the menu "Help" > "About..." in MADRIX.

If you are still facing issues with the activation process, please send us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com. Please attach the serial number of your MADRIX KEY. You can find the serial number as an engraving on the USB plug.
jaime

Post by jaime »

HOW I GET A TICKET NUMBER I GET THE SOFTWARE FROM AMAZON AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET A TICKET NUMBER ,,, PLEASE HELP
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi jaime,

Please contact your dealer on that regard. Normally you will get the activation code (ticket number) after purchasing the software.