Dangling Dongles Required?

Rincon

Dangling Dongles Required?

Post by Rincon »

I’m considering Madrix 5 for a project. Do you install the dongle to activate the software, or does it need to be attached at all times to use the software? I’m using a tablet in my lap to create the imagery. A dangling dongle will just break off.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Dangling Dongles Required?

Post by Schulze »

Hi Rincon,

The MADRIX KEY needs to be connected to your computer, while using the software. Otherwise MADRIX won't output any data. You could you use an USB hub and store it in a different location for example to prevent damage to the MADRIX KEY.
Last edited by Schulze on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rincon

Post by Rincon »

A USB hub is not a solution on site, or on a tablet. I’m working untethered.

There are very low profile USB memory sticks, like the SanDisk Ultra Fit. Would that work?

Even then, it uses one USB port on a tablet that may only have a single port.

Please advise. Thank you.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Rincon,

Unfortunately this won't work. You will need to have the MADRIX KEY connected, if you want to have data output from MADRIX.

Another option would be to use MADRIX without a MADRIX KEY in "Demo Mode", with the downside that you won't have any data output to your fixtures.
Rincon

Post by Rincon »

Demo mode, with the obfuscated decks? No that doesn’t work.

I thought Sebastian told me at LDI that the proprietary keys weren’t necessary anymore, that any USB fob worked. Maybe he was saying that the data could now be backed up, off of the proprietary key fob.