Can't make all LED work

Boucher

Can't make all LED work

Post by Boucher »

I'm using the Madrix 5 software with a Madrix Nebula. I'm trying to address 2 APA-102 led tapes. The first one, in port 1, has 187 leds and the second one, in port 2, has 284 leds.

The first tape is working perfectly: every display that i create in the software appears in the tape. BUT, for the second tape, only a portion (about 110 leds) is working. The other part of the tape only has a couple of random leds working and it's not changing whatever the display I create in the software. Even if i change the ports, the display on the second tape stops at about 110 leds.

Thanks in advance.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Can't make all LED work

Post by Guertler »

Hello Boucher,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

First of all this is not a MADRIX bug.
The explained problem can have several issues:

- Double check the MADRIX patch. Please make sure you have patched 187 RGB pixels to ouput port 1 and 284 RGB pixels to ouput port 2 of the NEBULA. By default the virtual univers 1 to 4 are respondsible for port 1 and 5 to 8 are respondsible for port 2 of the NEBULA.

- Please double check the NEBULA configuration. Please have a look to the output port configuration and the assigned universes.

- Please have a look to the used tape. Maybe it is damaged after the 110th pixel. If one pixel is damaged the data can't be send to all pixels behind this damaged pixel.

- Please check the power supply of the led tape.

- You can also connect the tape from port 1 to port 2 of the NEBULA to check that the NEBULA and the patch is working correctly.