Making a 360 Led Tube With UCS1903

mauriciorod

Making a 360 Led Tube With UCS1903

Post by mauriciorod »

Hi im interested in adquire a pair of Nebula to control a LED Tubes DIY with 14 UCS1903 each one. My question is: the ONLY way to send the signal through tubes is making a connection in serial mode? or exists other one to send signal without making a in/out between tubes?

Example:

NEBULA->
"TUBE ONE" IN to LED1/LED14 OUT to
"TUBE TWO" IN to LED15/LED28 OUT to
"TUBE THREE" IN to LED29/.... etc

My question two is, whats happen if one led is burn? the chain is broken and the rest from the burned is turned off? or only the led broken will shut down?, im worried because i want to connect almost 100 tubes-10x10 matrix (if i dont make a wrong count, the total was 2 nebulas) and if some one led fail, it will shut down a lot quantity Tubes downstream.

Thanks and sorry if i dont explain very well, im not good with english.
Mauri.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Making a 360 Led Tube With UCS1903

Post by Guertler »

Hello mauriciorod,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
You are right the UCS1903 and all other SPI protokolls needs to make a connection in serial mode. That also means if one chip of the LEDs is damaged all LEDs after this chip will not receive the control signal any more and will stay black.
mauriciorod

Post by mauriciorod »

Guertler wrote:Hello mauriciorod,
You are right the UCS1903 and all other SPI protokolls needs to make a connection in serial mode. That also means if one chip of the LEDs is damaged all LEDs after this chip will not receive the control signal any more and will stay black.

Thanks! really appreciate your help!
aldholland

Post by aldholland »

If you use WS2813 you have a backup data line so when one led breaks the SPI signal will continue, so no black leds :wink:
mauriciorod wrote:
Guertler wrote:Hello mauriciorod,

Thanks! really appreciate your help!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

thx aldholland for this information
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)