HOW TO TIE IN TO AN EXISTING LED PANEL SYSTEM

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ryantrash87

HOW TO TIE IN TO AN EXISTING LED PANEL SYSTEM

Post by ryantrash87 »

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I am currently running madrix 2 and have 3 ready to go on another computer. I have been using a 20 mm led "curtain" with amazing results running it with remote midi. Many times when i am out more and more of the venues are becoming equipped with big end either curtains,huge led panel walls , or multiple led or lcd televisions all linked together. My question is how do i "tie in "to their existing walls,curtains, etc to display all of my content and run it the same way i have been?

Will i have a problem with the amount of pixels it can handle?
Do i need to know their size configuration of the wall on some huge setups? thanks

Ryan
Bichuch

Re: HOW TO TIE IN TO AN EXISTING LED PANEL SYSTEM

Post by Bichuch »

ryantrash87
I think, there are many various questions and concerns.
The first, by my opinion, is the interface and structure of the target system in a whole. I mean, MADRIX has two not interchangeable licensed version - DMX and DVI. See here and scroll down (look at the table). In the worse case, if target system has a proprietary interface, MADRIX could not output data to it (or an additional hardware is required).
The second, yes, pixel number issues can be in two aspects. They are limited in summary quantity (absolutely by MADRIX's design and relatively by your license) and by computer's performance.
Hence, your question is very abstract. Potential answerer needs more specific information from you for substantive response.
ryantrash87

Post by ryantrash87 »

We are using madrix dvi version and coming out of the laptop we use via hdmi when we are using the hard panel wall .When we are patching into the curtain we are using an ethernet cable and sending out data that way. When i plug the dvi for instance into my home televison, the image will come up and i can adjust it from there. my thought is that i could "patch in " the same way i am outputting to my television and panel system via hdmi to connect with a built in system almost as vj software, is this possible?
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

ryantrash87
First of all, I have no DVI experience (only DMX).
So, my answer is theoretical by nature.
I think, if you can successfully connect to home TV set, the same result would be with other (any?) HDMI-capable devices.
As we can see in the table, DVI version has T9 interface as addition. And looking at, for example, this, I believe that interoperability of T9 devices exists. I hope, you should have luck with other LED curtains too.